Have you ever been locked out of your iPhone because you forgot your passcode? If you answered yes, you have most likely disabled your iPhone and have to wait a certain amount of time before you can try your passcode again. It’s undeniable that being locked out of your device is a frustrating experience. The “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes” message is frequently used to indicate this error.
If you’ve gotten the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes error, you have most likely attempted to connect your iPhone to a computer to reset it in iTunes. But what if you don’t own or can’t get access to a computer?
If you forget your iPhone passcode and you get the “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes” message, you can follow the steps in this article to resolve it.
Getting iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes? Possible causes
To begin with, the “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes” problem is not like any other issue on your iPhone. It’s caused by failed attempts to unlock the device most often with the wrong passcode. When the wrong passcode is entered 10 times in a row, the iOS device’s sophisticated security mechanism kicks in, and your iPhone screen displays a warning saying “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes”.
How to Unlock Disabled iPhone Without Computer – The Options and Steps
1. Fix Disabled iPhone Without Computer Via iCloud Find My iPhone
On the iCloud website, Apple has introduced the “Find My iPhone” service, which allows you to locate your device and unlock it by wiping it. However, you may also use iCloud.com to unlock your disabled iPhone when you get the “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes error” without using a computer.
- Open the App Store on a different iPhone, then download and install the Find My iPhone app there. It may be downloaded for free from the official App Store.
- Log in to your iCloud with the Apple ID that was linked to your deactivated iPhone. Click “Find iPhone” once you’ve arrived at the screen displayed in the screenshot.
- Enter the passcode for your Apple ID. Click “All Devices” at the top of the screen, then select your iPhone name.
- To complete the action, select Erase iPhone from the three options and confirm it to unlock your phone.
While this method looks straightforward, there are some conditions you have to fulfill if you want to make it work. These conditions are:
- Your disabled iPhone should be linked to your iCloud account and “Find My iPhone” should be turned ON.
- Your iCloud account’s Apple ID and passcode must be remembered.
- Your iPhone should be connected to any network, whether cellular data or WIFI.
2. Fix Disabled iPhone Without Using a Computer Via Find My App
If you own another Apple device (iPhone or iPad), or if your friends have an iOS device, the Find My app can help you get past the “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” error even without having to use a computer. Find My app can find your iPhone even if it is turned OFF as long as you signed in with the same Apple ID as the disabled iPhone. It’s also compatible with all iOS versions.
- First, you have to open the Find My app on another iOS device.
- Then scroll down the screen to the “Me” section and Select “Help a Friend.”
- If the Apple ID you’re using isn’t the same as the one on your disabled iPhone, hit “Use a different Apple ID” and log in.
- After that, go to the “Devices” section of the Find My app. Select the iPhone you want to unlock by scrolling down the screen.
- Lastly, scroll down to “Erase This Device” and select it. To continue, simply tap “Continue.”
After this, you should be able to get access to your phone and set it up again.
As you can see, when you get the “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes” error, using tools like Find My iPhone to unlock a disabled iPhone without a computer is rather simple. Simply choose iCloud or Find My App if you merely want to get your iPhone out of the disabled state without needing a laptop or desktop.
These solutions, however, won’t be available if your iPhone’s “Find My iPhone” feature is disabled. Therefore, if these solutions don’t work, you may have to try using your computer to solve it or a third-party app like iPhone Unlocker.