There are a variety of reasons why you might need to reset your Motorola phone or hard reset your phone. If you observe frequent freezing while scrolling through pages, you should restart the phone to restore the smooth swipe.
Similarly, if your phone closes forcefully too often, it has to be reset. Also, slow app launches and resumes, troublesome upgrades that break phone functionality, and the need to sell your smartphone are all reasons to perform a hard reset. So here is our article showing you how to reset Motorola phone.
How to Reset Motorola Phone
Factory Reset can return a Motorola phone to the state it was in when it was first manufactured. This means that all installed applications, software, passwords, accounts, and other personal data stored on your phone will be erased, so backup your contacts, photos, videos, documents, and anything else you don’t want to lose. The remaining items are the manufacturer’s pre-installed settings and the data downloaded to the SD card.
Here is how to reset Motorola phone:
- Go to Settings and find the backup and reset button
- Switch OFF automatic restore because the problem might be from your initial configuration.
- Then click on the factory data reset button
- Tap Reset Phone and click Erase. This will reset the phone’s current software.
How to Factory Reset Moto G6
To factory reset your Moto G6, follow these steps. Make sure you back up your data before doing a factory reset on your Motorola phone.
- Go to your phone home screen and drag up the arrow symbol
- Scroll down and choose Settings
- After this, scroll down and choose System
- Click Reset, and choose Factory Data Reset
- Choose Reset Phone, and click on Erase Everything
This will remove the settings. and all data saved on your Motorola Moto G6 will be removed. Your phone will automatically reset and reboot.
How to Factory Reset a Locked Motorola Phone
- Charge your Motorola Phone till the battery level is at least 30%. Then turn the phone OFF.
- Now press the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time until the device logo appears on the screen.
- To get to Recovery Mode, hold down the Volume Down button.
- Using the buttons, browse to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option and hit the Power button to select it. Now select “Factory Data Reset” and wait a few seconds for the process to complete.
- Select “Reboot system now” with the Volume buttons once again.
It will take a few minutes for your Motorola phone to boot up after you successfully reset it. After that, you’ll be left with a blank slate, much like a brand-new smartphone.
Moto G Factory Reset Not Working? Best Fixes
There are times when you might not be able to reset your Motorola phone properly. This could be a system issue or other issues you might have no idea of. For those with Moto G who have a problem with factory reset not working, you can try these fixes.
Use the recovery mode to fix the factory reset. Make sure your phone battery is charged well above 30%.
- Start the phone in fast-boot mode (hold the power and volume buttons for 3 seconds). Click the volume down button until “Recovery” appears, then press the volume up button.
- You will be taken to a blank screen with an Android image that is broken and no commands. Hold down the positive volume button for 10 seconds, then hold down the power button for 1 second before releasing both buttons. All of the recovery options will be displayed.
- Select “Wipe data /Factory Reset” with the power button, then “YES” and wait for it to complete.
- Return to the main menu of recovery and repeat the process using the “Wipe cache” option.
- Return to the recovery’s main menu and choose “reboot.” Keep pressing the power button until the phone reboots itself if the reboot option does not display.
- It will take about 10-15 minutes for the initial boot, after which you will have a clean Android to begin with.
Another method that can be used to reset a Motorola phone (Moto G) is the use of a third-party app.
- First, download Nova Launcher and set it as the default launcher
- Press and hold the home screen
- Select Widgets
- Scroll to the right, under Nova Launcher, and drag Activities to an empty spot on the home screen.
- Go to the Setup Wizard at the bottom of the page
- You can choose the first Setup Wizard option and scroll down to the third option to find “SetupWizardTestActivity.” Make sure to look for the small lettering, as it may not be in the same location.
- To make a widget shortcut, select that option.
- You’re meant to have a menu to go through, and then just hit “Next,” but if not, just click open.
- The screen will flicker, and then everything will return to normal.
For those who want to know how to reset Motorola phones because of phone issues or maybe because they want to sell their phone, these options will be beneficial.